Title: HVAC DDC Controls Engineer / Controls Technician
Location: Boulder, CO
Surna is currently seeking a qualified and motivated HVAC Controls Engineer / Controls Technician to support our continual and rapid growth within agriculture precision environment control systems for cannabis grow facilities. The ideal candidate is a top performer that brings high levels of energy and enthusiasm that can work independently to complete project deliverables on time and within budget. Must have the ability to work well within diverse teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in meetings with engineering and project teams to ensure quality system designs and customer project requirements are met and to ensure successful deployment and integration of building automation control systems.
- Design of control systems based upon project requirements or industry standards requiring knowledge of electronic or digital controls systems and document these designs using Visio or AutoCAD into controls drawings
- Write and test the programs using the various languages of controls systems software.
- Prepare system installation drawings, specifications, and manuals.
- Provide effective customer support and interface while working through the system development phases.
- Plan, document, and incorporate customer requirements for Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems.
- Analyze, integrate, configure, and test building automation control systems as defined by the project specification or scope of work.
- Conduct or assist with customer site surveys, gather and incorporate findings on building automation control systems, and provide technical documentation to team and customer.
- Reports problems to management while interfacing with company employees and subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in a professional manner.
- Train and teach the customer in control systems operations and provide manuals and documentation as required.
- Position will require up to 50% travel (at times 75%) in North America.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of Computers and computer software packages including but not limited to (AutoCAD, VISIO, MS Office, Explorer, and HTML).
- 3-5 years of DDC programming experience, preferably in Niagara N4.
- Knowledge of heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment and related DDC and building management systems.
- Working knowledge of Internet related technologies and programming along with web-based graphics. Ability to read blueprints and interpret specifications.
- Technical certifications in HVAC, Niagara Framework, Building Control Systems, and DDC Controls is required.
About Surna, Inc.
Surna Inc. (www.surna.com) develops innovative technologies and products that monitor, control and or address the energy and resource intensive nature of indoor cannabis cultivation. Currently, our revenue stream is derived primarily from mechanical engineering design and supplying industrial technology and products to commercial indoor cannabis grow facilities.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, our engineering team strives to create novel energy and resource efficient solutions, including our signature water-cooled climate control platform to create technological solutions and products that solve the highly specific demands of the cannabis industry for temperature, humidity, light and process control. Our goal is to provide intelligent solutions to improve the quality, the control and the overall yield and efficiency of controlled environment agriculture.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Controls Engineer / Controls Technician — Last Name”