Overview – Surna Product Manager
Position Description/ Responsibilities & Duties. The Product Manager will:
- Develop an understanding of the market for automated controls systems for controlled environment agriculture, to include existing products in the market.
- Lead the design of the product to meet customer requirements including product performance, aesthetics and specifications.
- Develop a marketing and financial strategy to position the product in the market and achieve sales and profitability goals.
- Establish deliverable timelines and work with other departments as needed to meet them.
- Establish pricing strategies.
- Monitor competitive activity and articulate Surna’s price/performance advantages.
- Develop relationships with customers and prospects to gain their feedback on customer needs. This will involve regular (approx. 25%) travel to customer sites for research, beta testing, post launch product performance, trade shows, etc.
- Develop marketing support materials and methods, including brand strategy, demand creation and messaging.
- Develop out-of-box experience plan including end-user documentation.
- Train the direct sales force to sell the product.
- Develop service strategy.
- Identify intellectual property in the field in order to avoid lawsuits as well as to identify the potential for filing for patents.
- Provide aggressive leadership for the product to yield 100%+ year-over-year sales growth.
Required experience, attributes, and qualifications. The most attractive candidates will have:
- 5-10 years’ experience with existing automated environmental control systems in the agriculture market, in either a direct sales or product marketing capacity.
- Demonstrated success managing a product marketing initiative, product roll-out and product life-cycle.
- In-depth technical understanding, from a user level, of the use and capabilities of such systems.
- Interest in leading a new product initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Engineering undergraduate degree, MBA marketing/general management.
What You’ll Love About Us
- Great company Culture: MG Magazine – 50 Best Companies to Work for in Cannabis
- Rest and Relaxation: 3 weeks paid time off (PTO) and 10 paid holidays
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision and/or Provincial Medical
- Prepare for the Future: 401(k) with company match.
- Work in an industry you love: And that we love.