At Surna, we are passionate about providing world class systems and customer service. Our team is looking for Project Managers that exemplify our high standards.
The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of multiple projects to ensure that goals/objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters and the customer receives a quality product or service which meets or exceeds all customers’ requirements.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for proper initiation of assigned projects following work instructions/processes.
- Review project contract and/or proposal to determine budget constraints, timing requirements, system design needs and prepare project plans to meet them through all phases of project.
- Accountable for continuous coordination of resources from kick off to start-up to ensure projects/agreements are prioritized properly to meet customer expectations and office goals/metrics.
- Maintain communication with primary customer and their team from kick off through start-up while developing a strong customer relationship and build for future work from customer base.
- Advise clients of applicable equipment and services and assist in confirmation of a project plan to meet the client’s requirements.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and understand the critical path(s) for the project(s). After project kicks off, monitor the status of the schedule and ensure reaction to any developments concerning the critical path or other key elements of the project(s) schedule is effective and timely.
- Create and maintain internal and client updates following team standards.
- Maintain financial oversight of projects to ensure they are completed within budget; prepare job cost reviews; ensuring and tracking recognized revenue.
- Responsible for ensuring project scope is achieved as well as initiating change management processes as variations and changes from contract requirements or execution plan occurs.
- Responsible for timely submittal of invoices.
- Coordinate accurate purchase of all major equipment items required for project.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Analyze problems and recommend solutions to maximize individual and collective project performance. Escalate to management as appropriate.
- Prepare all project close out documentation and issue all warranty letters and turnovers.
- Facilitate client efforts and requests while adhering to company responsiveness standards.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management/Science, or related field of study from an accredited university; equivalent experience also considered.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in construction or mechanical project management.
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, equipment, and scheduling of trades.
- Requires excellent communication skills, elevated level of organization and technical aptitude.
- Requires strength in working with diverse personalities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients/customers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; read and translate mechanical designs and plan sets.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office, project scheduling applications, and ERP systems.
- Experience with chiller systems and hydronic piping design and/or related agricultural systems a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry.
- Command of technologies, tools, and best practices in designing mechanical systems.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Manager – LAST NAME”