Sacramento/Oakland California Area
Job is focused in indoor agriculture space with the majority of projects undertaken consisting of indoor cannabis cultivation.
Responsible for promoting Surna products and services in the Northern California Territory as assigned by the VP of Sales. The primary focus of the Regional Sales Manager is on outside sales, where strategic and tactical development, coverage and penetration of the assigned territory are required. The successful candidate will maintain and develop a customer base and work proactively to secure relationships with new and existing clients.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contact current and prospective customers to develop and clearly articulate Surna value propositions for products
- Plan/strategize on goals/objectives for your territory and plan activities to meet/exceed those targets.
- Attend trade events and participate in the planning and exhibition at industry conventions.
- Maintain a professional customer-centric service focus, deliver presentations; provide customer feedback.
- Organize customer informational sessions and secure meetings/calls with Sr. Technical Advisors.
- Develop market intelligence by effectively networking, gathering competitive information and sales leads.
- Work closely with Surna Technical Advisors to develop proposals that address the client’s needs and manage the
proposal delivery and follow up process.
- Negotiate with clients on a case by case basis to maximize revenue and gross margin per project.
- Use CRM system to manage and track clients, opportunities and projects. Maintain the content of the CRM with
latest account, contact and opportunity pipeline information.
- Be the client representative internally to Surna ensuring full and complete transition of all pertinent project
information to Surna Project Mgrs & Engineering teams upon award of project as well as any advance knowledge of
potential projects whenever applicable.
- Interact with Surna management and technical teams to develop customer strategies, coordinate follow-up effort,
maximize profits, close orders and ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Attend sales meetings and other company meetings as requested.
- Provide timely market intelligence data to contribute to annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Participate in project kick off meetings.
- Regularly review pertinent sales reports.
- Work with various Surna resources to ensure timely resolution of any project issues.
- Submit weekly activity, expense and other reports as required.
- High school degree or GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in a direct sales position; prior experience in HVAC, Cannabis or both preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with CRM systems
- High degree of honesty and integrity.
- Strategic thinker.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills conveyed in a pleasant and professional manner when interacting with customers,
employees, and management.
- Sound analytical and interpretational skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Skilled in applying problem-solving techniques
- Skilled in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities with tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, at a fast pace and produce quality work.
About Surna, Inc.
Surna, Inc. develops innovative technologies and products that monitor, control and or address the energy and resource intensive nature of indoor cannabis cultivation. Currently, our revenue stream is derived primarily from mechanical engineering design and supplying industrial technology and products to commercial indoor cannabis grow facilities.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, our engineering team strives to create novel energy and resource efficient solutions, including our signature water-cooled climate control platform to create technological solutions and products that solve the highly specific demands of the cannabis industry for temperature, humidity, light and process control. Our goal is to provide intelligent solutions to improve the quality, the control and the overall yield and efficiency of controlled environment agriculture.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Regional Sales Manager — Last Name”