Title: Technical Estimator and Sales Advisor
Departments: Sales and Engineering
Location: Boulder, CO
Responsible for utilizing overall HVAC industry product knowledge as well as Surna proprietary load calculations and indoor specialized equipment to develop accurate proposals for less experienced territorial sales people who are actively engaged with potential clientele. This is a technical sales and support role that requires understanding of different HVAC engineering concepts, applications, and products as it relates to cost, functionality, related energy implications, and controlled environment cultivation impacts. The primary focus of the Technical Estimator and Sales Advisor is to continually develop and refine the estimating process in cooperation with all internal departments impacted including but not limited to: senior technical advisors, in-house professional engineering design team and project management team. The ideal candidate will be able to strike a balance between functionality, cost effectiveness, energy efficiency and redundancy and be able to articulate these facts to the field sales personnel and/or client to convey our value proposition. A bonus program will ensure that success driven, self-motivated producers will enjoy the financial upside available with this fast-growing public company in a rapidly-expanding industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and clearly articulate proposals for commercial products and services.
- Attend trade events and participate in planning and exhibition at industry conventions.
- HVAC industry networking with a continuous eye towards new products and initiatives to compliment and improve our current offerings.
- Obtain, organize, and supply technical documentation to potential clientele.
- Estimate and prepare project proposals for customers in support of field sales representatives.
- Work closely with Surna Sr. Technical Advisors to develop design strategies and proposal templates that address a client’s specific needs and clearly state Surna’s value proposition.
- Utilize specialized load calculation tool developed by Surna to obtain accurate system sizing at proposal stage.
- Run energy payback calculations in custom Surna tool to educate field salesforce as to potential payback and ROI for different system options.
- Participate in project kick off meetings to create a seamless transition with engineering design team.
- Maintain existing and new vendor pricing and relationships including master cost lists for entire company.
- Support engineering design and project management teams as needed.
- Assist contract administrator in preparation of contracts for customers in support of field sales representatives as needed.
- High school degree or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
- Technical background in variety of HVAC products and services, energy efficiency, and energy modeling.
- Prior inside or outside sales position in HVAC industry required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Excel.
- Background in or an understanding of energy modeling a plus.
- Competitive – desire to win.
- Team player – willing to educate and teach salesforce.
- Results motivated.
- Strategic thinker.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication of technical HVAC concepts to non-engineering customers both internal and external.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities with deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions while maintaining a problem solver attitude.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with a high attention to detail.
About Surna, Inc.
Surna Inc. (www.surna.com) develops innovative technologies and products that monitor, control and or address the energy and resource intensive nature of indoor cannabis cultivation. Currently, our revenue stream is derived primarily from mechanical engineering design and supplying industrial technology and products to commercial indoor cannabis grow facilities.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, our engineering team strives to create novel energy and resource efficient solutions, including our signature water-cooled climate control platform to create technological solutions and products that solve the highly specific demands of the cannabis industry for temperature, humidity, light and process control. Our goal is to provide intelligent solutions to improve the quality, the control and the overall yield and efficiency of controlled environment agriculture.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Technical Estimator and Sales Advisor — Last Name”