Surna is currently seeking a qualified and motivated HVAC Controls/Commissioning Technician to support our continual and rapid growth within the indoor agriculture precision environmental HVAC and control systems space. The ideal candidate is a flexible top performer who likes to travel, has a can-do attitude, and brings a high level of energy and enthusiasm. This position requires the ability to work independently on job sites throughout the US and Canada to deliver project deliverables on time and within budget with the support of an experienced team.
- Participate in meetings with engineering and project teams to ensure quality system designs and customer project requirements are met and to ensure successful deployment and integration of mechanical as well as building automation control systems.
- Responsible for executing key tasks under the direction of a project manager, meeting milestones for project completion.
- Design and operation of mechanical (chilled water and DX) and control systems based upon project requirements or industry standards.
- Documents designs using Visio or AutoCAD into controls drawings
- Write and test programs using various languages of controls systems software.
- Prepare system installation drawings, specifications, and manuals.
- Provide effective customer support and interface while working through system development phases.
- Plan, document, and incorporate customer requirements for Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of computers and computer software packages including but not limited to (AutoCAD, VISIO, MS Office, Explorer, and HTML5).
- 2+ years of DDC programming experience, preferably in Tridium Niagara AX & N4.
- Knowledge of the following commercial HVAC systems- CW/HW chiller and boiler systems, VFD’s, FCU’s, Packaged DX.
- Knowledge of hydronic balancing and commissioning checkout procedures for systems listed above.
- Knowledge of IT network addressing, HTML5 web-based graphics.
- Technical Certifications in HVAC equipment, Niagara N4, DDC Controls.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “HVAC DDC Controls Engineer and Technician and Field Engineer – LAST NAME”