Overview – Surna MEP Engineering Project Manager
At Surna, we are passionate about providing world class mechanical system design and HVAC equipment for the Controlled Environmental Agriculture (CEA) industry. Our team is looking for Mechanical Electrical Plumbing (MEP) engineering project managers that exemplify our high standards. Our projects take place in the legal cannabis cultivation industry for which we provide MEP design, HVAC equipment, Controls, and Startup/commissioning services.
The Project Manager coordinates resources and scheduling activities associated with our projects with direct responsibility for job execution and deliverables. Responsible for coordination with MEP design team, commissioning team, and vendors/subcontractors to ensure process compliance and customer satisfaction. Accountable for assigned projects’ scope of work, schedule, company margin protection, and project change orders. We are not an installing contractor and do not provide installation labor although we do facilitate coordination with installing contractors onsite in a design-build environment related to our designs and equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for proper initiation of assigned projects following work instructions/processes.
- Advise clients of applicable equipment and services and assist in confirmation of a project plan to meet the client’s requirements.
- Ensure coordination of project requirements and facilitate project execution from time of hand over from sales through engineering, manufacturing, shipment, commissioning and ongoing support.
- Accountable for daily and weekly coordination of resources to ensure projects/agreements are prioritized properly to meet customer expectations and office goals/metrics.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and other internal and client updates following team standards.
- Plan and analyze project schedules and parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives.
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Responsible for timely submittal of invoices, managing project costs and maintaining accurate forecasted costs through job completion and close out.
- Coordinate purchase of all major equipment items required for project. Ensure all subcontractors and or other company groups understand the project and or expectations and continually monitor the project for compliance.
- Responsible for tracking and documenting project changes and document control.
- Responsible for ensuring and tracking product shipments.
- Coordinate scheduling work with owners/client representatives.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Establish a professional relationship with the customer and interface constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Obtain acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
- Prepare all project close out documentation and issue all warranty letters and turnovers.
- Facilitate client efforts and requests while adhering to company responsiveness standards.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires excellent communication skills, high level of organization and technical aptitude. Requires strength in working with diverse personalities. Minimum 2 years’ experience in construction or related project management. Advanced computer and accounting/math skills required.
Technical degree, electrical or mechanical contracting project management, engineering or technician experience a plus. Experience in HVAC, lighting, and other related agricultural systems a plus. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of experience within Mechanical and Electrical systems.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Strong interpersonal skills developed to engage and retain positive working relationships.
- Standards of work to control errors and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Strong developed skill to identify, track and manage project risk.
- Developing ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple departments and disciplines to retain focus on multiple project completion goals and timelines.
- Developing ability to delegate task driven responsibilities to project personnel.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including advanced skill working in Excel.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 or other scheduling software.
What You’ll Love About Us
- Great company Culture: MG Magazine – 50 Best Companies to Work for in Cannabis
- Rest and Relaxation: 3 weeks paid time off (PTO) and 10 paid holidays
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision and/or Provincial Medical
- Prepare for the Future: 401(k) with company match.
- Work in an industry you love: And that we love.