Revolutionize Indoor Agriculture.
Join the Surna team.
WHAT SURNA DOES...
Surna’s foundation lies in its team members’ expertise in environmental control for indoor cultivation. We simplify the decision-making process for our clients by offering an all-in-one approach to mechanical system design. We are problem-solvers and industry leaders, acknowledging the importance of quality engineering design and building close relationships with our cultivators. Headquartered in Boulder, CO.
WHAT SURNA OFFERS...
At Surna, you can build a career in one of the fastest growing markets in North America. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented and we deliver. We need talented people who can continue to build this company and help cultivators around the globe reach their goals. Join our team and experience our familial work environment while enjoying excellent benefits.
For more information regarding Surna careers, please contact email@example.com.
Job Description: Product Manager
Reports to: VP, Marketing
Direct reports: None. Will work very closely with R&D, Product Development, and Sales groups.
Estimated annual salary: $90-120k
Surna Inc., a services and products provider serving the controlled environment agriculture (CEA) market, seeks a product manager. The goal of the Product Manager is to identify customer needs, define products and services to profitably meet those needs, and to lead in bringing those products to market.
Position Description/ Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop an understanding of the market for products and services for controlled environment agriculture, to include existing products in the market.
- Lead the design of the product to meet customer requirements including product performance, aesthetics, and specifications from “product ideation” to “design frozen” phases.
- Lead the development of products by identifying customer pain-points, develop user needs and solve customer problems.
- Rely on Voice of the Customer, internal knowledge, and business analysis tools to prioritize critical customer needs to address in new products/services.
- Develop a marketing and financial strategy to position the product or service in the market and achieve sales and profitability goals.
- Establish deliverable timelines and work with other departments as needed to meet them.
- Establish pricing strategies.
- Monitor competitive activity and articulate Surna’s price/performance advantages.
- Develop relationships with customers and prospects to gain their feedback on customer needs via customer site visits and over the phone surveys/interviews for research, beta testing, post launch product performance, trade shows, etc.
- Assist in the development of marketing support materials and methods, including brand strategy, demand creation and messaging.
- Assist in the development of out-of-box experience plans including end-user documentation.
- Train the direct sales force to sell the product.
- Identify intellectual property in the field in to identify the potential for filing of patents.
- Provide aggressive leadership for the product to yield year-over-year sales growth and profitability.
Required experience, attributes, and qualifications:
- Demonstrated success managing a product marketing initiative, product roll-out and product life cycle.
- BS or BA in Business/Marketing required
- MBA or equivalent desirable
- 5-10 years of related Product Planning, Product Management or Project Management experience, preferably in the CEA market
- Broad and deep understanding of Voice of Customer research methodologies and applications
- Extensive expertise in product definition and product development
- Demonstrated skills at working within a cross-discipline team
- Ability to present highly complex, technical, or difficult messages clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire new knowledge and skills as required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize clearly and manage finite resources
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Travel requirement of 25%
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Great company Culture: MG Magazine – 50 Best Companies to Work for in Cannabis
- 3 weeks accrued paid time off (PTO) and 10 paid holidays
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA or FSA options, dental, and vision
- Prepare for the Future: 401(k) with company match
Ready to get started or learn more about how we can help your facility succeed? Fill out the form and a company representative will be in touch.