Revolutionize a new industry.
Join the Surna team.
WHAT SURNA DOES...
Surna’s foundation lies in its team members’ expertise in environmental control for indoor cultivation. We simplify the decision-making process for our clients by offering an all-in-one approach to mechanical system design. We are problem-solvers and industry leaders, acknowledging the importance of quality engineering design and building close relationships with our cultivators. Headquartered in Boulder, CO.
WHAT SURNA OFFERS...
At Surna, you can build a career in one of the fastest growing markets in North America. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented and we deliver. We need talented people who can continue to build this company and help cultivators around the globe reach their goals. Join our team and experience our familial work environment while enjoying excellent benefits.
For more information regarding Surna careers, please contact email@example.com
At Surna, we are passionate about providing world class systems and customer service. Our team is looking to add a Junior Project Manager that exemplifies our high standards and is willing to assist the existing Project Management team and to grow into a Project Manager themselves. Annual salary range: $55-65k. Local applicants preferred.
The Junior Project Manager will assist in scheduling activities and resolving construction issues on HVACD projects with the existing Project Management team while gaining experience for project/job execution. Responsible for coordination with other business groups and outside subcontractors to ensure process compliance and fulfillment. Accountable for assigned projects’ scope of work, schedule, and budget. Expected to maintain accurate and timely financial reporting to Vice President/Controller. This is a remote position and requires reliable access to ethernet/wi-fi and the ability to work independently at home.
- Responsible for proper initiation of assigned projects following work instructions/processes
- Advise clients of applicable equipment and services and assist in confirmation of a project plan to meet the client’s requirements
- Ensure coordination of project requirements and facilitate project execution from time of hand over from sales through engineering, manufacturing, shipment, commissioning and ongoing support
- Accountable for daily and weekly coordination of resources to ensure projects/agreements are prioritized properly to meet customer expectations and office goals/metrics
- Develop and maintain project schedules and other internal and client updates following team standards
- Plan and analyze project schedules and parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff
- Responsible for timely submittal of invoices, managing project costs and maintaining accurate forecasted costs through job completion and close out
- Coordinate purchase of all major equipment items required for project
- Ensure all subcontractors and or other company groups understand the project and or expectations and continually monitor the project for compliance
- Responsible for tracking and documenting project changes and document control
- Responsible for tracking recognized revenue
- Coordinate scheduling work with owners
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff
- Establish a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews
- Obtain acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer
- Prepare all project close out documentation and issue all warranty letters and turnovers
- Facilitate client efforts and requests while adhering to company responsiveness standards
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
Education and/or Experience:
Requires excellent communication skills, high level of organization and technical aptitude. Requires strength in working with diverse personalities. Two years of experience in HVAC construction or related project management field preferred. Advanced computer and accounting/math skills required.
Technical degree, electrical or mechanical contracting project management, engineering or technician experience a plus. Experience in HVAC, lighting, and related indoor agricultural systems a plus. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
What You’ll Love About Us
- Great company Culture: MG Magazine – 50 Best Companies to Work for in Cannabis
- Rest and Relaxation: 3 weeks accrued paid time off (PTO) and 10 paid holidays
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision and/or Provincial Medical
- Prepare for the Future: 401(k) with company match.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Junior Project Manager – LAST NAME”
Ready to get started or learn more about how we can help your facility succeed? Fill out the form and a company representative will be in touch.