Surna is currently seeking a qualified and motivated Commissioning Engineer to support our continual and rapid growth within the precision indoor agriculture environment HVAC and control systems space. The ideal candidate is a flexible top performer who likes to travel, has a can-do attitude, brings a high level of energy and enthusiasm. Must be able to work independently on job sites throughout the US and Canada to deliver project deliverables on time and within budget with the support of an experienced team behind them. You will work within a multi-discipline team to manage jobsite commissioning activities, perform system checkout and owner training, troubleshoot, and resolve system issues, if they should arise, to guarantee customer success. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with facilities, construction, or engineering backgrounds that has experience in Digital Control Systems, Building Automation Systems, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Life Safety, Building Enclosure, Security, Communications, or other Specialty Systems.
- Participate in meetings with engineering, project management, and controls teams to ensure quality system designs and customer project requirements are met and to ensure successful deployment and integration of mechanical as well as building automation control systems.
- Responsible for executing key tasks under the direction of a project manager, meeting milestones for project completion.
- Perform site visits to coordinate commissioning, evaluate new and existing systems, and perform equipment start-up and functional testing of HVAC systems.
- Provide effective customer support and interface while working through the system development phases.
- Plan, document, and incorporate customer requirements for Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems.
- Analyze, integrate, configure, and perform testing of building automation control systems as defined by the project specification or scope of work.
- Collaborate with owner, operation and maintenance, design, and construction personnel in recommending remedial measures.
- Conduct or aid with customer site surveys, gather and incorporate findings on building automation control systems, and provide technical documentation to the team and customer.
- Training the end-user in control systems operations and providing manuals and documentation as required.
- Position could require up to 50 – 60% workweek travel at peak times in the USA and Canada depending on workload. Travel expenses paid by the company.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Architectural Engineering from an ABET accredited university preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of direct commissioning or related experience in startups of a variety of facility systems and subsystems including building automation system controls, mechanical, electrical, life safety and building envelope systems.
- Knowledge of Computers and computer software packages including but not limited to (AutoCAD, VISIO, MS Office, Explorer, and HTML5)
- Range of experience with DDC controls systems, preferably in Tridium Niagara AX & N4.
- Knowledge of the following commercial HVAC systems: CW/HW chiller and boiler systems, VFD’s, FCU’s, Packaged DX.
- Knowledge of hydronic balancing and commissioning checkout procedures for systems listed above.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Great company Culture: MG Magazine – 50 Best Companies to Work for in Cannabis
- Rest and Relaxation: 3 weeks paid time off (PTO) and 10 paid holidays
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision and/or Provincial Medical
- Prepare for the Future: 401(k) with company match.
- Work in an industry you love: And that we love.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Commissioning Engineer – LAST NAME”