With the rise in popularity in horticultural LED lighting among indoor farmers, the line between fact and fiction has blurred. Surna Cultivation Technologies’ Jon Kozlowski speaks with lighting expert Randy Shipley of RSX Enterprises to take a scientific approach to common indoor ag LED misconceptions.
Some of the questions covered include:
- What is the difference between PAR, PPF, and PPFD?
- What is the DLC, and how can it help in lighting selection?
- How does spectrum affect plants?
- What is “far-red” light?
- Can you measure canopy penetration?
- How do diodes and chip quality affect the efficacy of the light fixture?
This webinar was recorded on March 31, 2022. Watch the recording or view the slides.
Interested in receiving your own copy of the LED lighting ROI calculator? Contact us today!